World-Class Fine Ceramics Industry Center
- 20 km northeast of Nagoya. Hilly piece of the Owari Kyuryu region.
- 32 minutes from Nagoya by train.
- Near "Seto Akazu Interchange" and "Seto Shinano Interchange" on the Tokai Loop Highway
- 71 minutes from Centrair by train, and 55 minutes by car.
- Completion of 2 interchanges and 1 Parking Area on the Tokai Ring Expressway has drastically improved accessibility.
- Economy & Industry
- One of the world's leading fine ceramics clusters, with over 60 fine ceramics-related companies in the area.
- 40% of the global market share in fine ceramic cellular phone parts.
- Knowledge gained through Seto's 1,300-year history of pottery has been applied to the fine ceramics industry, making it an important materials technology cluster that supports Greater Nagoya's "monozukuri" backbone.
- Possible tie-ups with the Nagoya Institute of Technology; Japan Fine Ceramics Center; Seto Ceramic Research Center, Aichi Industrial Technology Institute; National Institute of Advanced Industrial Science and Technology Chubu, Seto Site.
- Strong ceramics-related ties focusing on fine ceramics since 2000 with Limoges, France.
- Life and Culture
- Famous for its rich 1,300-year history and tradition of ceramics.
- Promotion of industrial tourism through the "Seto Marutto Museum Project."
- Sister city relationships with Jingdezhen in China, Limoges in France, Nabeul in Tunisia, and Icheon in Korea.
National Institute of Advanced Industrial Science and Technology
Seto Yaki pottery
- Surface Area:
- Manufactured Products Shipped:
(100 million yen)
- Fine Ceramics
- Rinnai Corporation Seto Factory, Toshiba Corporation Aichi Factory
and Research Facilities:
- Seto Ceramics Research Center, National Institute of Advanced Industrial Science and Technology Chubu, Seto Site
- Seto Akazu Industrial Area
*Surface Area, Value of Manufactured Products Shipped, Population, and No. of Firms from Toyo Keizai "Toshi Datapack 2004"
- The tremendous upside potential of fine ceramics, an important materials technology used in machinery, IT, biotechnology and others, provides a lucrative opportunity for overseas businesses to join partnerships with Seto's cutting-edge fine ceramics related companies.
- Seto City Industry Division Manufacturing Industry
- 64-1 Oiwake Seto Aichi