GNI Swiss Mission 2013
To serve the further advancement of industries and to act as an international hub for industrial development, Greater Nagoya Initiative (GNI) aims to strengthen partnership with enterprises and research institutes in Switzerland. Last year GNI held a symposium in collaboration with advanced European institutions such as Centre Suisse d’Electronique et de Microtechnique (CSEM) (Switzerland) and Fraunhofer (Germany) and organized business matching between them and research institutes and manufacturing companies in the Greater Nagoya region.
During the activity, in January 2013, Centre Suisse d’Electronique et de Microtechnique (CSEM), a Swiss research institute in the field of microtechnology, Mie Prefecture, and Mie University signed a partnership agreement for their future collaboration. Since then, the CSEM-Mie collaboration office has been set up in the Mie University and various collaborative projects are on-going. Therefore, the GNI announces plans to send a GNI delegation to Switzerland.
The main purpose of visiting CSEM is to enhance collaboration and develop further mutual understanding through the exchange of views. In addition, the GNI will organize business matchings between CSEM and related corporations in the Greater Nagoya region.
GNI delegates will also visit Conférence des Chefs de Département de l’Économie Publique de Suisse Occidentale (CDEP-SO); an institution which organizes four forward-looking and high-tech clusters (Biotechnology / IT / Environment / Micronanotechnology) in Western Switzerland and provides one-stop service, and we will visit Precision Cluster; a cluster which specializes in machining including micronanotechnology.
The GNI is to discuss future relationship building with the clusters. The GNI aims to create new businesses based on the cross-border alliances of corporations and achieve industrial advancement of both countries.
Organizations to visit
- Centre Suisse d’Electronique et de Microtechnique (CSEM)
- Precision Cluster
- CCMT – Competence Center on Medical Technologies
- Conférence des Chefs de Département de l’Économie Publique de Suisse Occidentale (CDEP-SO)
- The Japan External Trade Organization (JETRO) Geneva
*Other institutes and corporations are under consideration.
September 3rd (Tue) – 8th (Sun)
・Sept. 3rd (Tue): Arriving to Switzerland
・Sept. 4th (Wed): JETRO Geneva
AM: JETRO Geneva Briefing
・Industry trend in Switzerland
・Possibility of partnership between Switzerland and Japan
・Case study of business partnership between Switzerland and Japan
PM: Adjustment schedule
・Sept. 5th (Thu) : Centre Suisse d’Electronique et de Microtechnique (CSEM) visit
1. CSEM introduction (Dr. KOTROTSIOS, Vice President, CSEM)
2. Precision Cluster introduction (Mr. Patrick ROTH)
3. CCMT – Competence Center on Medical Technologies
4. Brief presentations by GNI companies (Each company)
1. CSEM facility tour
2. Discussions, business meetings (Can be individual meeting sessions)
・ Sept. 6th (Fri): Conférence des Chefs de Département de l’Économie Publique de Suisse Occidentale
1. CDEP – SO Introduction (Mr. Audrey SAUMON)
2. Clusters Micronarc (Micro- and nanotechnology) Introduction (Mr. Byrne)
3. Alp ICT (IT and communication) Introduction (Mr. Mesnier)
1. Industrial tour to Creapole (Jura Canton cluster) (Mr. Kaeser)
*CDEP-SO：An institution which organizes four clusters in Western Switzerland
・Sept. 7th (Sat): Leaving
・Sept. 8th (Sun): Arriving
* Long term for the future: Continuous relationship will be established after 2014
GIP-MIND or/and National research institutes